The recipe calls for one of those small (2-3 pound) pork sirloin roasts – enough for about 6 servings; no browning is necessary, so the slow cooker is the only dish to wash afterward. Thick boneless pork chops can be substituted, or even chicken breasts. Leftovers make great sandwiches, too.
2 to 2 1/2 pounds pork sirloin tip roast
1/2 cup white wine
2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
2 teaspoons granular chicken bouillon
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
3 to 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 cup water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Fresh rosemary sprigs, for garnish
- Place the pork roast in the crock of a 3-4 quart slow cooker.
- Mix the wine, orange juice concentrate, and bouillon; pour over the roast.
- Sprinkle with the salad dressing mix and top with the rosemary sprigs.
- Cover and cook on low 1 1/2 - 3 hours, or until the roast registers 140 on an instant read thermometer.
- Transfer the roast to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Pour the juices through a fine strainer into a microwaveable container.
- Mix the water and cornstarch until smooth and add to the juices.
- Microwave 2 minutes on high, stir; microwave until boiling.
- Slice the roast, pour the juice mixture over all, and garnish with additional fresh rosemary.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 104
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 39% Protein 49% Carb. 8%
Nutrient Amount per % Daily
Total Fat 12 g 18%
Saturated Fat 4 g 20%
Cholesterol 94 mg 31%
Sodium 143 mg 6%
Total Carbohydrate 5 g 2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 33 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 14% Calcium 0% Iron 7%