Chicken, Zucchini & Pasta with Gorgonzola can be made in less than 30 minutes. Crusty bread and a green salad make nice accompaniments if there's time.
4 ounces angel hair pasta
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped onions
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cleaned and thinly sliced
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
3/4 cup dry white wine
1 teaspoon granular chicken bouillon
1 pound small zucchini squash, spiral sliced into thin strands, cut lengthwise into very thin julienne, or shredded
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente; set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet; add the onions and cook until softened.
- Add the chicken, sprinkle with the lemon pepper, and stir-fry until almost cooked through.
- Turn the heat to high, add the wine, sprinkle the bouillon over, and stir until the wine boils.
- Add the zucchini and cook 2-3 minutes until the zucchini is tender.
- Stir in the pasta, whipping cream, and Gorgonzola. Mix well and heat through. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 202
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 52% Protein 27% Carb. 16%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 22 g
Saturated Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 119 mg
Sodium 544 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 26 g
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 15% Calcium 0% Iron 7%
The spiral slicer can be ordered from Amazon: Basily Spiral Slicer, Stainless Steel Vegetable Spiralizer with Japanese Blades and 2 Julienne Sizes