It’s easy to vary the add-ins, and you can also change the amounts to suit personal tastes. If you have the ingredients handy, these bars can be assembled in just a few minutes hands-on time. The pumpkin makes them moist, and they stay fresh when kept in an airtight container up to a week.
Loaded Pumpkin Bars
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons softened butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups canned pumpkin, (not pumpkin pie mix)
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups chopped dates
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream the butter and sugars.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in the dates, pecans, coconut, chocolate chips, and raisins; mix well.
- Spread evenly in a parchment-lined or greased 11 x 17 jellyroll pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- When cool, cut into 48 bars.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 157 Calories from Fat 73
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 46% Protein 4% Carb. 49%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 25 mg
Sodium 112 mg
Total Carbohydrate 19 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 71% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 4%