Iíve been serving this cake for brunch and also dessert since the 1970ís when I received the recipe from Doris Hayner, a friend and co-worker who was a great cook. So far, Iíve never found anyone who doesnít like it. Since the cake starts with a mix and has minimal ingredients, it can be whipped up in just minutes.
Doris Haynerís Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffee Cake
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 3 oz. package instant vanilla pudding
1 18.5 ounce yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Spray a standard bundt pan with Bakerís Joy, or spray liberally with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350į.
- Mix the eggs, sour cream, and vegetable oil in large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add the pudding mix, cake mix, and flour.
- Mix on low speed until well-mixed.
- Turn the mixer to medium high and beat for 5 minutes until thick.
- Mix the Cinnamon Topping ingredients.
- Pour 1/4 of the batter in the bundt pan; sprinkle 1/3 of the cinnamon topping evenly over the batter.
- Add 1/3 of the remaining batter; top with 1/2 of the remaining cinnamon topping.
- Repeat two more times, ending up with batter as the final layer.
- Bake at 350į for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert the cake onto a cooling rack and let cool thoroughly before slicing.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 148
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 49% Protein 4% Carb. 47%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 59 mg
Sodium 226 mg
Total Carbohydrate 35 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 5%