Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffee Cake is perfect to serve at your next brunch. It can be made ahead, but is quick and easy enough to be made on the same day youíre planning to entertain. Because it contains sour cream, it stays moist and fresh for several days.
Iíve been serving this cake for brunch and also dessert since the 1970ís when I received the recipe from Doris Hayner, a friend and co-worker who was a great cook. So far, Iíve never found anyone who doesnít like it. Since the cake starts with a mix and has minimal ingredients, it can be whipped up in just minutes.
Doris Haynerís Cinnamon Sour Cream Coffee Cake
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 3 oz. package instant vanilla pudding
1 18.5 ounce yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Spray a standard bundt pan with Bakerís Joy, or spray liberally with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350į.
- Mix the eggs, sour cream, and vegetable oil in large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add the pudding mix, cake mix, and flour.
- Mix on low speed until well-mixed.
- Turn the mixer to medium high and beat for 5 minutes until thick.
- Mix the Cinnamon Topping ingredients.
- Pour 1/4 of the batter in the bundt pan; sprinkle 1/3 of the cinnamon topping evenly over the batter.
- Add 1/3 of the remaining batter; top with 1/2 of the remaining cinnamon topping.
- Repeat two more times, ending up with batter as the final layer.
- Bake at 350į for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert the cake onto a cooling rack and let cool thoroughly before slicing.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 148
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 49% Protein 4% Carb. 47%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 59 mg
Sodium 226 mg
Total Carbohydrate 35 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 5%