For a more substantial casserole, arrange a few brown and serve sausages on top of the crumbs; they’ll brown nicely in the time it takes the casserole to cook.
1 14-16 oz. package coleslaw mix, or equivalent of shredded green cabbage
1/2 cup water
1 10 3/4 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups Italian Meat Mix from the Basic Italian Meat Mix Module
1/2 26 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix the coleslaw mix and water in a large skillet.
- Turn the heat to high and cook, stirring, until the cabbage is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Drain any residual liquid off.
- Stir together the cream of mushroom soup, Italian meat mix, spaghetti sauce, and flour in a bowl until well-mixed.
- Add the milk and stir in the wilted cabbage.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow 13 x 9" casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the dry bread crumbs on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 253 Calories from Fat 111
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44% Protein 16% Carb. 40%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 12 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 25 mg
Sodium 923 mg
Total Carbohydrate 25 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 10 g
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 56% Calcium 0% Iron 7%