4 (about 4 ounces each) portabella mushrooms
1 cup Italian Meat Mix from the Basic Italian Meat Mix Module
1 cup garlic and herb croutons
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup commercially prepared pesto
1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems, if any.
- Place them in a single layer smooth side down in a 9 x 13" glass casserole dish.
- Mix the Italian Meat Mix with the croutons, mozzarella cheese, pesto, and pine nuts, if using.
- Divide the mixture between the mushrooms, spreading it to the edges and packing it down slightly.
- Top each with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Pour 1/3 cup water in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cover the dish with foil (spray the underside with non-stick spray) and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake an additional 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 363 Calories from Fat 194
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 53% Protein 26% Carb. 20%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 22 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 56 mg
Sodium 911 mg
Total Carbohydrate 18 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 24 g
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 7% Calcium 0% Iron 9%