Spicy Pumpkin Loaf
Gather these ingredients and combine in a big bowl:
3 Ύ c. flour
2 tsp. soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. nutmeg
½ tsp. ginger
½ tsp. ground cloves
Cream together in a separate bowl:
2 sticks margarine
2 c. sugar -- cream well
Blend in and beat well:
1. At a low speed, add dry ingredients alternately with 1 ½ c. canned or cooked pumpkin, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
2. Stir in 12 pkg. chocolate chips and 1 c. chopped nuts.
3. Turn into two greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
Bake at 350 degree for 1 hour.
Cool, and then drizzle with the delicious spice glaze (below).
It slices better the next day.
Gather these ingredients and combine in a small bowl:
1 c. powder sugar
Ό tsp. nutmeg
Ό tsp. cinnamon
Dash of cloves
Blend in: 3-4 T hot water until the consistency of a glaze.
Spread the glaze over the loaf and prepare to come back for seconds and thirds. Yum!
Everyone needs a really good carrot cake recipe, and a carrot cookie recipe but that come later. Here is one of my carrot cake recipes that I think you will like.
Gather these ingredients and mix together in a big bowl:
3 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
In another bowl, toss together :
1 c. raisins
½ c. coarsely chopped nuts
Take 2 T of above flour mixture and toss with raisins and nuts.
In another large mixing bowl, beat:
2 c. sugar
1 ½ c. corn oil
1 tsp. vanilla
Then thoroughly beat in:
1. Stir in dry ingredients alternately with 3 c. finely grated carrots and blend until smooth.
2. Add raisin-nut mixture and mix well.
3. Pour into greased angel food or Bundt cake pan.
Bake at 350 degree for 1 1/4 hours (approx.) until top springs back to tough.
Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, and then top with this cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Mix until blended:
1 pkg. (3 oz.) cream cheese - soft
2 T light corn syrup
2 Ό c. powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
Stir until smooth, then spread over cake.
I hope you will enjoy baking for your family and friends.