The Basic Ground Beef Module is very versatile, and is a must-have item for the freezer if assembling quick meals is a priority. It’s used in this Beefy Onion Rice Bake, as well as several other soups and casseroles. Other convenience items in this dish are canned condensed French onion soup and French Fried onions. All that is needed to complete this meal is a salad and crusty bread.
Note: If there are no packages of the Basic Ground Beef Module in the freezer, a pound of ground beef browned with a chopped onion, with added salt, pepper, and a little minced garlic may be substituted; however, it will take much longer to prepare.
2 cups ground beef mixture from the Ground Beef Module, (1 package)
1/4 cup rice
1 10 3/4 ounce can condensed French onion soup
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cups French fried onions
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Spray a deep 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 inch casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Microwave the ground beef mixture for 2 minutes (just enough to thaw it out) and place it in the prepared casserole dish.
- Stir in the rice, soup, and water.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake 40 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with the onions, and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 349 Calories from Fat 183
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 52% Protein 21% Carb. 26%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 20 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 54 mg
Sodium 722 mg
Total Carbohydrate 23 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 19 g
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 6%