The book’s name: Coconut Cures - Preventing and Treating Common Health Problems with Coconut [Discover the Healing Power of Coconut]
- Chapter 1: The Miracle Man
- Chapter 2: The Fruit of Life
- Chapter 3: The Coconut Medicine Chest I: Coconut Oil
- Chapter 4: Coconut Oil On Trial
- Chapter 5: Coconut Oil is Good for Your Heart
- Chapter 6: The Coconut Medicine Chest II: Coconut Meat, Water, and Milk
- Chapter 7 How To Be Happy, Healthy, and Beautiful
- Chapter 8: Procedures, Formulas, and Recipes
- Chapter 9: Remedies: An A to Z Reference
- Appendix: Resources
There were quite a few things I absolutely loved about the book:
- The stories and testimonials,
- the historicity of the coconut industry and cultural applications,
- the juxtapositions of coconut, coconut oil and coconut water consuming cultures and their lack of heart and degenerative diseases and
- the coconut and coconut product avoiding cultures and their abundance of heart disease, cancers, infectious diseases, and the like
- along with a mention of the politics surrounding global, societal shifts away from the use of these shelf stable, heart healthy, saturated fats.
- The ‘How Tos’
- How to pick a good coconut
- How to distinguish between good coconut oil and inferior brands
- How to use coconut products internally and extetrnally
- How to use the coconut oil and coconut products for challenges ranging from: aches & pains and acne to tooth decay and zoonosis
- How to use MCTs [medium chain triglycerides] to boost our health and immune functions
- How to coconut products to fight yeast infections [candida], viruses, bacteria and parasites
- How to pick a good coconut
There were a few things, however, that got on my nerves in the book. Most of them were contained in Chapter 4: Coconut Oil On Trial. It wasn’t a deal-breaker, but it was a definite snoozer for me. The author drug it out just a little too far for my liking, where I would’ve appreciated a more straight forward approach. All the way up to that point Bruce had me eating out of his hands with the information and the pace was great. Then I turned to page 84 and it tanked my pace. I waded through it in anticipation of it picking back up [and it did after 15 pages], but that portion could’ve been executed a lot better.
Now I’ve used coconut oil, milk and water therapeutically for my clients over the years and have personally seen the positive results ranging from the healing of scar tissue and adhesions to the detoxification processes of systems overladen with prescription meds. It’s a phenomenal product from God’s great bounty that has been re-legitimized in this publication. And although there are a few recipes that I wouldn’t particularly stand behind [not because of the results, but more so for some of the choices in ingredients - I would’ve chosen a few healthier ingredients here and there], and although his statement regarding almonds being an acid forming nut disputes all of the literature I’ve read over my years and the my differences in layout preference, I would Highly recommend this book “Coconut Cures - Preventing and Treating Common Health Problems with Coconut to every vegetarian and carnivore alike as a great read and reference book for your personal libraries. I purchased the book online and it was worth well more than 5 times its asking price and I would’ve gladly purchased it at that price. It’s definitely a first aid kit in a paperback book.
Kudos and thumbs up on this book! Good stuff Bruce!
As always, It’s been my pleasure sharing this review with you. Until next time...