Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Guest Author - Danielle HollisterThis site needs an editor - click to learn more!
- "People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to. "
--George E. Allen
- "Some men are born with cold feet; some acquire cold feet; and some have cold feet thrust upon them. "
- "The theory used to be you marry an older man because they are more mature. The new theory is that men don't mature. So you might as well marry a younger one. "
- "Men, their rights, and nothing more; women, their rights, and nothing less."
--Susan B. Anthony
- "All men by nature desire knowledge."
- "Men seek out retreats for themselves in the country, by the seaside, on the mountains... But all this is unphilosophical to the last degree... when thou canst at a moment's notice retire into thyself."
--Marcus Aelius Aurelius
- "Eternal boyhood is the dream of a depressing percentage of American males, and the locker room is the temple where they worship arrested development. "
-- Russell Baker
- "I have always dressed according to certain Basic Guy Fashion Rules, including: * Both of your socks should always be the same color * Or they should at least both be fairly dark "
-- Dave Barry
- "Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of men of old; seek what they sought. "
|LIFEB. - Brooklyn Men Play...|
- "If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle."
--Rita Mae Brown
- "Thank God every day when you get up that you have something to do that day which must be done whether you like it or not. Being forced to work and forced to do your best will breed in you temperance and self-control, diligence and strength of will, cheerfulness and content, and a hundred virtues which the idle will never know. "
- "The men who succeed are the efficient few. They are the few who have the ambition and will power to develop themselves."
--Herbert N Casson
- "Retirement is like a long vacation in Las Vegas. The goal is to enjoy it the fullest, but not so fully that you run out of money. "
- "Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change."
- "The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things. "
-- Jilly Cooper
- "So long as there are men there will be wars."
- "For most men life is a search for the proper manila envelope in which to get themselves filed. "
-- Clifton Fadiman
- "Men weren't really the enemy -- they were fellow victims suffering from an outmoded masculine mystique that made them feel unnecessarily inadequate when there were no bears to kill."
- "A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age."
- "I never hated a man enough to give him his diamonds back. "
-- Zsa Zsa Gabor
- "Successful men usually snatch success from seeming failure. If they know there is such a word as defeat, they will not admit it. They may be whipped, but they are not aware of it. That is why they succeed."
--A. P. Gouthey
|LIFEB. - Men Working on Ai...|
- "There are no great men, only great challenges that ordinary men are forced by circumstances to meet. "
--William F. Halsey
- "It isn't the burdens of today that drive men mad. It is the regrets of yesterday and the fear of tomorrow. Regret and fear are twin thieves that rob us of today. "
- "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
--Robert A. Heinlein
- "Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. "
--Edward W. Howe
- "Why did Nature create man? Was it to show that she is big enough to make mistakes, or was it pure ignorance? "
-- Holbrook Jackson
- "The only thing worse than a man you can't control is a man you can. "
-- Margo Kaufman
- "Marrying a man is like buying something you've been admiring for a long time in a shop window. You may love it when you get it home, but it doesn't always go with everything in the house. "
-- Jean Kerr
- "Two men look out the same prison bars; one sees mud and the other stars. "
- "He who understands Archimedes and Apollonius will admire less the achievements of the foremost men of later times. "
--Gottfried Whilhem Leibniz
- "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender. "
- "Lives of great men all remind us We can make our lives sublime, And, departing, leave behind us Footprints on the sands of time. "
--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
|Lunch Atop a Skyscraper, c.1932|
- "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked...it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed. "
--W. Somerset Maugham
- "I have never liked working. To me a job is an invasion of privacy. "
- "Women want mediocre men, and men are working to be as mediocre as possible."
- "I require three things in a man: He must be handsome, ruthless, and stupid. "
-- Dorothy Parker
- "Few men speak humbly of humility, chastely of chastity, skeptically of skepticism. "
- "Men should be taught as if you taught them not, And things unknown proposed as things forgot. "
- "Anger makes dull men witty, but it keeps them poor. "
--Attributed to Queen Elizabeth I of England (1533-1603)
- "Thinking men cannot be ruled. "
- "Giving a man space is like giving a dog a computer: the chances are he will not use it wisely. "
-- Bette-Jane Raphael
|Untitled - Man and Bassett|
- "People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little. "
--Jean Jacques Rousseau
- "I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They've experienced pain and bought jewelry. "
- "All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner. "
- "The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do. "
--B. F. Skinner
- "The friendship between a man and a woman which does not lead to marriage or desire for marriage may be a life long experience of the greatest value to themselves and to all their circle of acquaintance and of activity; but for this type of friendship both a rare man and a rare woman are needed. Perhaps it should be added that either the man or the woman thus deeply bound in lifelong friendship who seeks marriage must find a still rarer man or woman to wed, to make such a three cornered comradeship a permanent success."
--Anna Garlin Spencer
- "I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career."
- "We believe that all men are created equal because they are created in the image of God. "
--Harry S. Truman
- "What would men be without women? Scarce, sir, mighty scarce."
|World Political Map, Executive Style|
- "Life is too short for men to take it seriously. "
- "If it weren't for marriage, men would spend their lives thinking they had no faults at all."
- ""A man can be short and dumpy and getting bald but if he has fire, women will like him."
-- Mae West
- ""A man has one hundred dollars and you leave him with two dollars, that's subtraction."
-- Mae West
- "A man in the house is worth two in the street. "
-- Mae West
- "Don't marry a man to reform him - that's what reform schools are for."
-- Mae West
- "I like two kinds of men: domestic and foreign. "
-- Mae West
- "It's not the men in my life that count, it's the life in my men. "
-- Mae West
Content copyright © 2013 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact