How To Set Your Hair on Rollers - Wet Set
- Shampoo and condition your hair, using products that are formulated for your hair texture.
- Blot your hair with a towel, leaving it damp but not dripping.
- Apply a firm hold styling lotion or styling foam from roots to the ends and use a comb to distribute it evenly.
- If your hair tends to be limp and you want fullness, spray the root area with Root Lifter.
- Comb your hair into the style in which you want to wear it. – Putting in your part and combing the sides down or back according to your taste.
- Use a comb to part off a section for your first roller. Start at the front hairline and at the part if you wear one.
- For the optimum amount of curl, use the roller as a guide to the size of your parting. The section of hair should be approximately the same size as the roller. Too much hair on a roller will prolong the drying time and cause some of the curl to be loose.
- For a side part, part your hair where you prefer and direct the rollers to the side, as shown in the picture.
- For more curl, use small rollers, spaced close together.
- For loose curl, use large rollers. Place them close together for fullness or place them far apart for less fullness.
- To wear your hair off your face, direct the rollers toward the back.
- You may want your hair to fall smoothly with just curl on the ends. In that case; comb each section down smoothly and insert the roller.
- Roll it up several turns and clip on each side of the roller to keep it secure.
- The back of your hair
- Divide your hair into sections and insert the rollers until all of the hair is rolled.
- If your hair is short and layered, this pattern of roller set may cause your hair to separate, between the rows of rollers, after it is combed out.
- To remedy that, use the pattern shown in Figure 4.
- Staggering the rollers in this fashion will prevent your hair from splitting.
- It also has the extra benefit of encouraging a wavy pattern in your style.
When your set is completed, sit under a hood type hair dryer to dry your hair. This takes from 20 to 45 minutes. You may choose to let your hair dry naturally. This may take several hours.
When your hair is completely dry, remove the rollers. Tossel with your fingers for a curly look or brush with a hairbrush into controlled curls and waves.
|Velcro Salon Rollers Bouffant Standard 1 1/2" Red 6 Count|
|Babyliss Ceramic 12 Roller Hairsetter|
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
More Tips For Using Rollers
Ten Tips For Fuller Hair
Tips for Using Curling Irons
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.