Each year, Oprah herself chooses a number of items to highlight during her “Favorite Things” episode, surprising her studio audience with thousands of dollars worth of amazing gifts. This year was no different - well, maybe a little.
From the time The Oprah Winfrey Show was originally syndicated in 1986, Macon, Georgia has been the city with the most viewers! Every day, according to Oprah.com, 45% of Macon residents sit down to take in whatever Ms. Winfrey has to offer. To say thank you for so many years of loyalty watching the show, Oprah moved her episode 800 miles from her Chicago studio to present her devoted viewers with an amazing selection of gifts. Following is a selection from the list of items that Oprah handed out in Macon and the suggested price listed on Oprah.com.
- Samsung Progressive HD Camcorder SC-HMX10C valued at $799.99.
- UGG Australia Classic Crochet Tall Boots valued at $120.
- TOYWATCH Watches featuring the Crystal and Colored Crystal pieces valued at $150-$1500.
- The Artisan Stand Mixer from Kitchenaid Home Appliances valued at $349.99.
- The Discovery Channel’s Planet Earth DVD Set valued at $59.95.
- Clarisonic Skin Care System from the makers of the Sonicare Toothbrush valued at $195 for the system.
- The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett, Oprah’s most recent Book Club selection, valued at $24.95.
- Breville Ikon Panini Press from William-Sonoma valued at $99.95.
- HDTV Refrigerator with weather and information center from LG Electronics valued at $3,799.
- Rachel Pally Swing Turtleneck and Sailor Pants valued at $141 and $194 respectively.
- United Artists 90th Anniversary Prestige Collection featuring 90 DVD including 8 Academy Award Winners valued at $869.98
- Shaklee Get Clean Starter Kit filled with eco-friendly cleaners valued at $89.60.
After all the gift giving was said and done, the Macon audience walked away with well over $7,000 worth of gifts. Now that is something to be thankful for!