Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
March Monthly Observances for Newsletters
There are some very important monthly observances that occur in the month of March. March Monthly Observance for Newsletters will take a look at some of the more prominent observances happening this year. Now, I must remind you, the dates and times may change from year to year, but all the same, March still stands for certain holidays that reoccur year after year.
Here is a list of sorts of March monthly observances for newsletters -
* Easter this year is being celebrated on the 31st with Good Friday falling the 29th of the month. On the 25th of March the Jewish Holiday of Passover begins. It is celebrated from sunset on the 25th and continues for seven days. Here in the U.S. Passover will end on the 2nd of April. (This of course would be significant if you publish a religious or Christian newsletter.)
* St. Patrick's day is celebrated on March 17, which started out as a religious holiday and falls within the Lenten season. It is still celebrated as such by the Catholic and Episcopal church as well as a few others. (Did you know that the day is actually the date of his death and it's in commemoration of his life as a Pope and missionary.) You can find more information by visiting - Saint Patrick's Day website.
* Irish American Heritage Month. March is known and celebrated by Irish Americans across the nation. This is in addition to St. Patrick's Day. This is a time set aside by the President, when Irish Americans and Americans alike celebrate the Irish heritage and its history. President Obama signed the Proclamation designating for March as Irish American Heritage Month. At the end of the proclamation the President states "I call upon all Americans to observe this month with appropriate ceremonies, activities, and programs." You can find more information by visiting - American Foundation for Irish Heritage website.
* March is also Women's History Month. This is a celebration of women and all their accomplishments, contributions and involvements throughout history and even into today. Women have a long history in this country and many were pioneers of the freedoms women enjoy today. The theme for this year is: Women Inspiring Innovation Through Imagination: Celebrating Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. You can find more information by visiting - The National Women's History Project website.
Other monthly observances are -
* Music in our Schools (Good time to be an advocate for the arts in schools. Many schools are having to cut these programs because of no funding or not enough financial backing). You can learn and find more information by visiting - National Association for Music Education website.
* National Craft Month (There are many newsletters published in this industry. There are many crafter's and depending on your specialty you have a wide range of creative possibilities). For more information or ideas visit - Craft and Hobby Association website.
* American Red-Cross (American Red Cross has saved countless lives and have been involved with disasters and hardships in many places around the world. They are always ready and willing to lend a helping hand to the poor and needy. This is their month to be celebrated for a job well done.) You can learn more by visiting - The American Red Cross website.
* Social Worker's Month (Social workers are under a lot of pressure these days to perform with very little funding and even government backup. Their theme for this year is Resilience Weaving Advocacy.) You can find more information by visiting - The National Association of Social Workers website.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Grace D. Dooley. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Grace D. Dooley. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Grace D. Dooley for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.