Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Guest Author - Danielle Hollister
- "Few men have the natural strength to honour a friend's success without envy."--
- "Strengthen me by sympathizing with my strength, not my weakness."--
Amos Bronson Alcott
- "The quality of strength lined with tenderness is an unbeatable combination, as are intelligence and necessity when unblunted by formal education."--
- "To be capable of steady friendship or lasting love, are the two greatest proofs, not only of goodness of heart, but of strength of mind."--
- "Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also. "--
- "Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength."--
Henry Ward Beecher
- "The strength of a man consists in finding out the way God is going, and going that way. "--
Henry Ward Beecher
- "If you would know strength and patience, welcome the company of trees."--
- "Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men! Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for power equal to your tasks."--
- "In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins--not through strength but by perseverance."--
H. Jackson Brown
- " And each man stand with his face in the light of his own drawn sword. Ready to do what a hero can."
-- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- "Difficulty, my brethren, is the nurse of greatness"-- a harsh nurse, who roughly rocks her foster children into strength and athletic proportion."--
William Cullen Bryant
- "I am comforted by life's stability, by earth's unchangeableness. What has seemed new and frightening assumes its place in the unfolding of knowledge. It is good to know our universe. What is new is only new to us."
-- Pearl S. Buck
- "Nothing stops the man who desires to achieve. Every obstacle is simply a course to develop his achievement muscle. It's a strengthening of his powers of accomplishment."--
- "Few men during their lifetime comes anywhere near exhausting the resources dwelling within them. There are deep wells of strength that are never used."--
Richard E. Byrd
- "Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts."--
- "The awareness of our own strength makes us modest."--
- "Never does the human soul appear so strong and noble as when it forgoes revenge and dares to forgive injury."--
Edwin Hubbel Chapin
- "When strong, be merciful, if you would have the respect, not the fear of your neighbors."--
- "Those who stand strong will stand forever."--
Joshua D. Clark
|Great Quotes From Great T...|
- "We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same."
-- Carlos Castaneda
- "Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong. "--
- "Each of us should do something every day That we do not want to do But we know we should do, To strengthen our backbone And put iron in our soul."--
Henry Hitt Crane
- "We all have enough strength to endure the misfortunes of others. "--
François de la Rochefoucauld
- " Nothing is so strong as gentleness. Nothing is so gentle as real strength."
-- Frances de Sales
- "Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person."--
- "Our real problem, then, is not our strength today; it is rather the vital necessity of action today to ensure our strength tomorrow. "--
Dwight D. Eisenhower
- "Concentration is the secret of strength."
- "We acquire the strength we have overcome."
- "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail."
- " If there is any responsibility in the cycle of life it must be that one generation owes to the next that strength by which it can come to face ultimate concerns in its own way."
-- Erik Erikson
- "Men are strong so long as they represent a strong idea they become powerless when they oppose it."--
- "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."--
- "If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them."
-- Mohandas K. Gandhi
- "I'm not going to lie down and let trouble walk over me."--
- "There is no merit where there is no trial; and till experience stamps the mark of strength, cowards may pass for heroes, and faith for falsehood."--
- "I think what weakens people most is fear of wasting their strength."--
- "A child's hand in yours -- what tenderness and power it arouses. You are instantly the very touchstone of wisdom and strength."--
- "Strong men can always afford to be gentle. Only the weak are intent on 'giving as good as they get."--
- " It does not take much strength to do things, but it requires great strength to decide on what to do."
-- Elbert Hubbard
- "People do not lack strength, they lack will."--
- "It is for us to pray not for tasks equal to our powers, but for powers equal to our tasks, to go forward with a great desire forever beating at the door of our hearts as we travel toward our distant goal."
- "Credulity is the man's weakness, but the child's strength."--
- "The weakest link in a chain is the strongest because it can break it. "--
Stanislaw J. Lec
- "It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers."--
John P. Loughrane
- "When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid."
-- Audre Lorde
- "There is no strength in unbelief. Even the unbelief of what is false is no source of might. It is the truth shining from behind that gives the strength to disbelieve."--
- "A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them."--
John C. Maxwell
- "When we are strong, we are always much greater than the things that happen to us."--
- "Good timber does not grow with ease; the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees."--
J. Willard Marriott
- "Our strength is often composed of the weakness that we're damned if we're going to show."--
- "True strength lies in submission which permits one to dedicate his life, through devotion, to something beyond himself."--
- "He turns all of his injuries into strengths, that which does not kill him makes him stronger, he is superman."--
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
- "Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity."--
- " Fortunately for themselves and the world, nearly all men are cowards and dare not act on what they believe. Nearly all our disasters come of a few fools having the "courage of their convictions."
-- Coventry Patmore
- "Always remember, there is more strength in you than you ever realized or even imagined. Certainly nothing can keep you down if you are determined to get on top of things and stay there."--
Norman Vincent Peale
- "Our passions are like convulsion fits, which, though they make us stronger for a time, leave us the weaker ever after."--
- "Dwell not upon thy weariness, thy strength shall be according to the measure of thy desire."--
- "If youth but had the knowledge and old age the strength."--
- "Eating while seated makes one of large size; eating while standing makes one strong."--
- "Once I had the strength but no wisdom; now I have the wisdom but no strength."--
- "Our strength often increases in proportion to the obstacles imposed upon it."--
Paul De Rapin
- "Only actions give life strength; only moderation gives it charm."--
Jean Paul Richter
- " I believe that anyone can conquer fear by doing the things he fears to do, provided he keeps doing them until he gets a record of successful experiences behind him."
-- Eleanor Roosevelt
- "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."--
- " When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "I wish to preach not the doctrine of ignoble ease, but the doctrine of strenuous life. "--
- "Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting, but never hit soft. "--
- "It is sometimes the most fragile things that have the power to endure and become sources of strength."--
- "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."--
- "One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity."--
- "Fire is the test of gold; adversity, of strong men."--
- "O, it is excellent to have a giant's strength, but it is tyrannous to use it like a giant. "--
- " There is a growing strength in women, but it is in the forehead, not in the forearm."
-- Beverly Sills
- "Nothing is so strong as gentleness, and nothing is so gentle as true strength."--
- "It is said that our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength."--
Charles Haddon Spurgeon
- " Although men are accused of not knowing their own weakness, yet perhaps few know their own strength. It is in men as in soils, where sometimes there is a vein of gold which the owner knows not of."
-- Jonathan Swift
- "The strong do what they have to do and the weak accept what they have to accept."--
- "Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well."--
Vincent Van Gogh
- "There are two ways of exerting one's strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up."--
Booker T. Washington
- "I worshipped dead men for their strength, Forgetting I was strong."
-- Vita Sackville-West
- "It is from weakness that people reach for dictators and concentrated government power. Only the strong can be free. And only the productive can be strong. "--
Wendell L. Willkie
- "Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength."--
Content copyright © 2015 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact