Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Guest Author - Danielle HollisterThis site needs an editor - click to learn more!
- "Health is the thing that makes you feel that now is the best time of the year."
-- Franklin P. Adams
- "He who has health, has hope. And he who has hope, has everything."
-- Arabian Proverb
- "To get rich never risk your health. For it is the truth that health is the wealth of wealth."
-- Richard Baker
- "There's lots of people who spend so much time watching their health, they haven't got time to enjoy it."
-- Josh Billings
- "Health has its science, as well as disease. "
- "Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died. "
- "If I stay healthy, I have a chance to collect 3,000 hits and 1,000 errors. "
- "Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do practice? "
- "The poorest man would not part with health for money, but the richest would gladly part with all their money for health. "
--Charles Caleb Colton
- "Money is the most envied, but the least enjoyed. Health is the most enjoyed, but the least envied."
-- Charles Caleb Colton
- "Health consists of having the same diseases as one's neighbors."
- "As I see it every day you do one of two things: build health or produce disease in yourself."
- "Thousand upon thousands of persons have studied disease. Almost no one has studied health. "
- "Preserving health by too severe a rule is a worrisome malady."
--Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "You can set yourself up to be sick, or you can choose to stay well."
-- Wayne Dyer
- "Be not slow to visit the sick."
- "Give me health and a day and I will make the pomp of emperors ridiculous."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "The first wealth is health."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise."
-- Benjamin Franklin
- "Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing."
- "Health is not valued till sickness comes."
--Dr. Thomas Fuller
- "A Hospital is no place to be sick."
- "Health is not simply the absence of sickness."
- "Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos - the trees, the clouds, everything."
--Thich Nhat Hanh
- "A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses."
- "The groundwork of all happiness is health."
-- Leigh Hunt
- "The oneness of mind and body holds the secret of illness and health. "
- "Health is worth more than learning."
- "We cannot seek or attain health, wealth, learning, justice or kindness in general. Action is always specific, concrete, individualized, unique."
-- Benjamin Jowett
- "One of the most sublime experiences we can ever have to to wake up feeling healthy after we have been sick."
--Rabbi Harold Kushner
- "One out of 4 people in this country is mentally imbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends-if they seem okay, then you're the one."
- "To insure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life."
-- William Londen
- "It's no longer a question of staying healthy. It's a question of finding a sickness you like."
- "Pain (any pain--emotional, physical, mental) has a message. The information it has about our life can be remarkably specific, but it usually falls into one of two categories: "We would be more alive if we did more of this," and, "Life would be more lovely if we did less of that." Once we get the pain's message, and follow its advice, the pain goes away."
- "The more severe the pain or illness, the more severe will be the necessary changes. These may involve breaking bad habits, or acquiring some new and better ones."
- "Make your own recovery the first priority in your life."
- "Quit worrying about your health. It'll go away."
- "What some call health, if purchased by perpetual anxiety about diet, isn't much better than tedious disease."
--George Dennison Prentice
- "The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body. The more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results."
-- Anthony Robbins
- "Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
-- Jim Rohn
- "Good friends are good for your health."
-- Irwin Sarason
- "Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."
- "A man too busy to take care of his health is like a mechanic too busy to take care of his tools."
-- Spanish Proverb
- "People who overly take care of their health are like misers. They hoard up a treasure which they never enjoy."
-- Laurence Sterne
- "Measure your health by your sympathy with morning and Spring. "
--Henry David Thoreau
- "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."
- "The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease."
- "Our health always seems much more valuable after we lose it."
- "Time And health are two precious assets that we don't recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted."
-- Denis Waitley
- "Look to your health; and if you have it, praise God and value it next to conscience; for health is the second blessing that we mortals are capable of, a blessing money can't buy."
- "For what human ill does not dawn seem to be alleviation? "
- "Mental health, like dandruff, crops up when you least expect it. "
Serenity I Limited Edition
Buy at AllPosters.com
Content copyright © 2013 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact