Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Guest Author - Danielle Hollister
- "Hope is a waking dream. "
- "Hope is a good breakfast, but it is a bad supper. "
- "Hope is the parent of faith. "
--Cyrus A. Bartol
- "If one truly had lost hope, one would not be on hand to say so."--
Eric C. Bentley
- "Hope is a risk that must be run."--
- "We often call a certainty a hope, to bring it luck. "
- "What oxygen is to the lungs, such is hope to the meaning of life."--
- "When hope is taken away from a people, moral degeneration follows swiftly thereafter."
--Pearl S. Buck
- "To eat bread without hope is still slowly to starve to death. "
--Pearl S. Buck
- "Hope springs exulting on triumphant wing."
-- Robert Burns
- "Man is, properly speaking, based upon hope, he has no other possession but hope; this world of his is emphatically the place of hope. "
- "The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."
-- Allan K. Chalmers
- "If you do not hope, you will not find out what is beyond your hopes. "
- "Hope costs nothing. "
- "Love lives on hope, and dies when hope is dead; It is a flame which sinks for lack of fuel."
- "The human body experiences a powerful gravitational pull in the direction of hope. That is why the patient's hopes are the physician's secret weapon. They are the hidden ingredients in any prescription."
- "Our greatest good, and what we least can spare, is hope."
-- Abraham Cowley
- "Hope is a strange invention- A Patent of the Heart- In unremitting action Yet never wearing out. "
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers-- That perches in the soul-- And sings the tune without the words-- And never stops--at all"
-- Emily Dickinson
- "We judge of man's wisdom by his hope. "
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "A ship ought not to be held by one anchor, nor life by a single hope."
- "Hope is always available to us. When we feel defeated, we need only take a deep breath and say, "Yes," and hope will reappear. "
-- Monroe Forester
- "He that lives upon hope will die fasting. "
- "To hope means to be ready at every moment for that which is not yet born, and yet not become desperate if there is no birth in our lifetime."
- "Great hopes make great men. "
- "If it were not for hopes, the heart would break."
- "Hope, like the gleaming taper's light, adorns and cheers our way; and still, as darker grows the night, emits a brighter ray. "
- "The hours we pass with happy prospects in view are more pleasing than those crowded with fruition. "
- "Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart; and you'll never walk alone; you'll never walk alone."
--Oscar Hammerstein II
- "An act of God was defined as something no reasonable man could have expected. "
--A. P. Herbert
- "Hope is the poor man's bread. "
- "We do not really feel greatful toward those who make our dreams come true; they ruin our dreams."
- "We should not expect something for nothing but we all do, and we call it hope. "
- "Hope is the only universal liar who never loses his reputation for veracity. "
--Robert G. Ingersoll
- "Hope is a talent like any other. "
- "Hope is itself a species of happiness, and perhaps the chief happiness which this world affords. "
- "In all pleasures hope is a considerable part."
-- Samuel Johnson
- "Hope is such a bait, it covers any hook. "
- "We should not let our fears hold us back from pursuing our hopes."
-- John F. Kennedy
- "Every time you stand up for an ideal, you send forth a tiny ripple of hope."
-- Robert Kennedy
- "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope. "
-- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- "The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof. "
-- Barbara Kingsolver
- "Hope is the last thing that dies in man; and though it be exceedingly deceitful, yet it is of this good use to us, that while we are traveling through life it conducts us in an easier and more pleasant way to our journey's end. "
-- François de la Rochefoucauld
- "Hope, deceitful as it is, serves at least to lead us to the end of our lives by an agreeable route. "
--François Duc de La Rochefoucauld
- "Hope is slowly extinguished and quickly revived. "
- "The setting of a great hope is like the setting of the sun. The brightness of our life is gone."
-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "The important thing is not that we can live on hope alone, but that life is not worth living without it."
-- Harvey Milk
- "Every cloud has a silver lining, but it is sometimes difficult to get it to the mint."
- "Hope is the feeling we have that the feeling we have is not permanent. "
- "Hope is the struggle of the soul, breaking loose from what is perishable, and attesting her eternity. "
- "Hope in reality is the worst of all evils, because it prolongs the torments of man. "
- "He who does not hope to win has already lost. "
-- Jose Joaquin Olmedo
- "A strong mind always hopes, and has always cause to hope. "
- "Hope springs eternal in the human breast; Man never is, but always to be blest. "
- "Never talk defeat. Use words like hope, belief, faith, victory. "
-- Norman Vincent Peale
- "Practice hope. As hopefulness becomes a habit, you can achieve a permanently happy spirit. "
-- Norman Vincent Peale
- "A misty morning does not signify a cloudy day. "
- "He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything. "
- "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. "
- "Things never go so well that one should have no fear, and never so ill that one should have no hope."
-- Turkish proverb
- "At first we hope too much; later on, not enough."
-- Joesph Roux
- "To hope for Paradise is to live in Paradise, a very different thing from actually getting there. "
- "The miserable have no other medicine But only hope. "
- "Hope is a very unruly emotion. "
- "Every life has a death, and every light a shadow. Be content to stand in the light, and let the shadow fall where it will. "
- "Hope is putting faith to work when doubting would be easier."
- "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. "--
- "In all things it is better to hope than to despair. "
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "We live by admiration, hope and love. "
-- William Wordsworth
- "From the withered tree, a flower blooms. "
|Hope: Baby Hands and Feet|
Never miss a thing. Join Thrillist -- the daily shot of everything you need to know.
Sign up now
-- it's free and easy
Content copyright © 2015 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact