Spicy Potato Soup
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 red onion
1 pound ground Italian sausage
10 large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
seasoning salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper or to taste
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1. In food processor, puree garlic and onion.
2. Heat garlic and onion with Italian sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until sausage is no longer pink.
3. Transfer the sausage mixture to a large soup pot. Add potatoes and water to cover. Stir in the seasoned salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste.
4. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until potatoes are tender.
5. When potatoes are done, stir in the butter, evaporated milk and parsley. Cook long enough for the butter to melt.
Serve hot with bread or crackers. Yummy!!!!!
Recipe Contributed by Lisa A. Sayers
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
1,2,3 Chicken and Potato Soup
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Vanette (Vannie) Ryanes. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Vanette (Vannie) Ryanes. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.