Showstopper Apple Pie Recipe
Although refrigerated pie crusts are always available and save time, they aren’t as good as homemade; it’s not really difficult to make a buttery, flaky crust from scratch. Basic Pie Crust is made quickly in the food processor. The filling and topping are both simple to make with minimum of ingredients.
This showstopper pie will woo both family and guests; no one will skip dessert and this pie will become a favorite.
4 to 5 large cooking apple(s), such as Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, or Jonagold - or a mix
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sour cream
1 9" unbaked pie shell
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Peel and core the apples, cut them into eights, and slice each eighth thinly.
- Mix the sugar, flour, salt, and cinnamon; toss it with the apples.
- Mix the sour cream and egg; stir into the apple mixture, and pour it into the unbaked pie shell.
- Mix the topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over the surface of the pie.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven; reduce the heat to 350° and bake 30-40 minutes more or until the topping is golden and the apples are tender.
- Cool on a rack
Amount Per Serving
Calories 481 Calories from Fat 227
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 47% Protein 4% Carb. 49%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 25 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 54 mg
Sodium 255 mg
Total Carbohydrate 59 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 19 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 10% Calcium 0% Iron 9%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.