After Halloween, there always seem to be lots of little candy bars left over. Of course, it’s very tempting to eat them – they’re only two bites each - but eating them isn’t particularly beneficial for the figure, especially with upcoming holiday parties and the need to wear that slinky black dress. These Peanut Butter Candy Bar Thumbprints are crunchy and delicious and can be made right after Halloween and frozen for Christmas. They can be served anytime of the year, however, so if there’s a function that requires refreshments, these cookies will be devoured in record time.
Peanut Butter Candy Bar Thumbprints can be made quickly since they start with a cake mix and have only a few ingredients. Packaged chow mein noodles add crunch. They’re even easy enough for the kids to help.
About 80 cookies
1 18.5 ounce package yellow cake Mix
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
3 ounces chow mein noodles, (1 slightly heaping cup), crushed a little
20 fun size candy bars, each cut into quarters (Reese's & Plain Hershey Bars are best)
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Mix the cake mix, peanut butter, vegetable oil, eggs, and water in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Stir in the chow mein noodles.
- Scoop tablespoonsful of dough and roll into balls.
- Place the balls on parchment-lined or greased baking sheets.
- Press each ball down in the center with thumb.
- Bake in the preheated oven 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and press a piece of candy bar into the center.
- Return the cookies to the oven and let bake an additional 2 minutes or until they are lightly browned on the edges.
- Transfer the cookies to cooling racks to cool thoroughly.
- Store up to 1 week in an airtight container. Freeze for longer storage.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 81 Calories from Fat 41
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50% Protein 6% Carb. 44%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 6 mg
Sodium 51 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%