Guest Author - Vanette (Vannie) Ryanes
Roasted Red Pepper Dip is great with raw or blanched vegetables especially celery.
3 large red bell peppers
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Cover a baking sheet with foil and place peppers on a baking sheet.
3. Place peppers 4 inches under broiler and cook until charred on all sides, turning frequently, about 10 minutes. Remove from broiler and let stand until cool enough to handle.
4. Peel, core and seed peppers over a strainer set in a small bowl to catch juices.
5. Place peppers, any pepper juice, vinegar and garlic in a food processor or blender. Purée until smooth.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Makes 1 cup
Source for Roasted Red Pepper Dip : American Institute for Cancer Research