Recipe for Billy Goats
These cookies are not beautiful, but they taste good and will make a great addition to a cookie tray; they’re also good for after school treats, so make plenty to fill up the cookie jar. And if anyone out there knows the origin of the name, Billy Goats, please let the BellaOnline readers know through the Desserts Forum.
About 6 dozen cookies
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 tablespoons buttermilk or sour milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped walnuts
2 cups chopped dates
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cream the butter, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer running, add the eggs, one at a time, until well-incorporated.
- Add the buttermilk or sour milk and vanilla.
- Stir together the flour, cinnamon, freshly ground nutmeg, cloves, allspice, baking soda, and salt.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the flour mixture.
- Stir in the walnuts and dates.
- Scoop or drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined cookie sheets, press down slightly, and bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to cooling racks to cool thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 93 Calories from Fat 44
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 6% Carb. 46%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 16 mg
Sodium 58 mg
Total Carbohydrate 11 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.