Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Homeschool Through High School Book Review
Celebrate High School: Finish with Excellence by Cheryl Bastian is a must have resource for anyone planning on homeschooling their child through high school. I was fortunate enough to hear Mrs. Bastian speak about homeschooling a high school student, as well as being able to purchase her book. Mrs. Bastian offers a unique perspective on homeschooling, as she is not only an experienced homeschool mother to seven children ranging from a toddler to college students, but she is also a valued author of several homeschooling books. Having attended Illinois State University, majoring in Early Childhood Education, Mrs. Bastian knows the value of a comprehensive and well tailored education, which she provides to her children every day. For me the idea of teaching my son through high school was daunting. While I have a degree in Elementary Education, my expertise becomes a bit hazy after grade eight. Knowing I would need a plan to successfully teach my son at home, and utilize the correct resources to meet his graduation requirements, I prayerfully attended Cheryl Bastian's seminar and bought her book. My stress level since reading her book cover to cover is undoubtedly lessened. My son is entering eighth grade next year, so I am confident that I have the tools I need through "Celebrate High School: Finish with Excellence" to help him conquer his high school career with ease. Here is what this book can offer you and your high school homeschooler:
- Advice for comprehensive record keeping.
- Knowledge about college requirements, and what it takes to get your homeschooler ready.
- Organizational information designed to aid you and your child in recording required courses properly.
- Options for earning credits, a diploma and much more.
- Florida state specific valuable information regarding dual enrollment, scholarships, and specific courses needed to graduate in the state of Florida.
- Literature lists and high school course guidelines in general.
- College application how-to advice, as well as experienced input as to what colleges look for, as she has been through this experience already!
- A Christian outlook on the challenges of homeschooling through high school, as well as an uplifting and positive outlook on the experience.
Whether you are a Florida homeschool parent, or a homeschooling parent anywhere in the United States, Celebrate High School: Finish with Excellence is a required resource to get and stay on the right track. Here is a link to purchase Celebrate High School: Finish with Excellence. Be sure to check out Cheryl's other books, too!
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2013 by Alissa Moy. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Alissa Moy. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Alissa Moy for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.