Guest Author - Sharon Michaels
What does it take to go from worrying about money to financially self-sufficient?
I know you’ve heard it said, “Success leaves clues.” So, one thing I enjoy doing is reading success stories about women (just like us) who took an idea, opportunity or challenge and turned it into financial security.
Over the past twenty plus years, I’ve read several hundred such success stories. And you know what I’ve found? I realized that there were common and powerful threads running through all the stories. Success really does leave clues.
Here are seven common traits of financially successful women who decided not to settle for less than financial independence and self-sufficiency:
1. A dream, a need and a burning desire to change from where they were to something better – something more financially and emotionally comfortable for themselves and their family. The dream became a passion and the passion became unstoppable.
2. A belief in themselves and their dream of financial security that was so strong and unstoppable, that obstacles and limitations would not and could not stop them. They were determined and motivated to make money!
3. The knowledge that success begins on the inside and works its way out. Each woman knew that the greatest investment of time, energy and money that they could make, was the investment they made in themselves. They went to school, asked a mentor for advice, read books and learned the “secrets” of success.
4. Success takes action! Not just any action but focused action. Financial self-sufficiency takes a focused plan of action. What do you want and how are you going to make it a reality? Successful women did the research, learned the lessons and then set out to make their plan come alive.
5. Successful women make a difference. They give back to others. There seems to be a “need” to share their good fortune. They give of their time, knowledge and energy, not just their money. Successful women understand the importance of women supporting women to personal and financial self-sufficiency.
6. Each of the financially self-sufficient women knew how to take their dream to fruition. They were persistent and laser-beamed focused on a successful outcome. They knocked on closed doors until they opened - they came out of their comfort zone. They took risks!
7. Successful, financially secure women never, ever give up. No matter the ups and downs, no matter the challenges or failures and no matter how many times they heard “No,” they never gave up on their dream. The successful women I read about were emotionally invested in the outcome and they wouldn’t stop until they accomplished their goals.
What do you think? Do those seven traits sound doable?
Have you met women who’ve succeeded in reaching their personal, professional and financial dreams? They weren’t any different from you and me, were they?
Take a few minutes and read those seven success traits again. Is there a dream or burning desire inside of you waiting to come to fruition? Close your eyes. Can you see yourself making that dream a reality? When you set your mind to something and you accomplish it, doesn’t it feel great?
Are you ready to live your own success story?
Sharon Michaels is beginning a new two month VIP (Very Important Professional) MasterMind Group on September 26, 2009. If you’re ready to go to the next success level in your life and your career, you’ll want to join us. Click here for all the details: Sharon's VIP MasterMind Group
Listen to Sharon's Radio Show - Women Enjoying Success - on BlogTalk Radio for more personal and professional success strategies - available for your listening 24/7