Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Mothers Day Scrapbook Projects
"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother." ~Abraham Lincoln
Mother's Day is celebrated each year the second week of May. A lady named Anna Jarvis from West Virginia started the celebration of Mother's Day. From my understanfing, the first official Mothers Day was in 1910.
Ann Jarvis says, "This day is intended that we may make new resolutions for a more active thought to our dear mothers. By words, gifts, acts of affection, and in every way possible, give her pleasure, and make her heart glad every day, and constantly keep in memory Mothers Day; when you made this resolution, lest you forget and neglect your dear mother, if absent from home write her often, tell her of a few of her noble good qualities and how you love her. A mother's love is new every day."
Mothers Day is a wonderful occasion to create a handmade gift from the heart. Scrapbooking and creating gifts is time consuming and hardwork...but I can't think of any more deserving recipient of a handmade gift than my mom! She is totally worth the time it takes to create a wonderful handmade gift.
"God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers." ~Jewish Proverb
Some Mother's Day Gift Ideas:
1. Gratitude Album- expressing your thanks, love and gratitude
2. Brag Books- of her children or grandchildren
3. A small album she could keep in her purse. I created a paper bag album out of lunch size paper bags for a purse album for my mom one year.
4. A Layout A Month- I did this a few years ago. Give your Mom a scrapbook album. Decide on the size of layouts you want to do each month and purchase the right size album. Then each month compile a layout of pictures from that month to give to your mom. This is the gift that keeps giving all year! (Just remember to actually do it each month!)
5. Decorate a photo frame and include a current picture of you and your siblings.
6. One year I snuck my moms childhood pictures out of her house the month before mother' day. I created a scrapbook with all of her childhood pictures.
7. Another year I snuck out my parents wedding pictures and scrapbooked them for her for Mother's Day!
8. Card Sets- my mom LOVED when I made her a bunch of miscellaneous handmade cards that she could mail out instead of having to go the card store everytime she needed a card.
"It's not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it." ~From the television show The Golden Girls
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Michelle McVaney. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Michelle McVaney. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Michelle McVaney for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.