Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
5 Marketing Strategies To Build Your Customer Base
The first thing to understand when it comes to marketing is that you will get results over time. Marketing is not instantaneous and everything that you try will not be a sure fit. The key is to pay close attention to what works and to continue fine tuning that action. Here are a few tips that will help you keep your name before your current and potential customers:
1. Make a monthly marketing plan. At the beginning of each month, write down what you want to accomplish. This can include networking meetings, attending a lecture, writing articles, sending out thank you, birthday, and appreciation cards.
2. Write to past customers telling them about your new products or services. Give them a chance to try something for free or for a special discount. Offer a referral discount or incentive.
3. Give an appreciation award. Find someone in your community to acknowledge. Call the paper and tell them that you’d like to present a special certificate or an award to an outstanding individual. The magic here is that you really have to care about the person that you are acknowledging. While showing goodwill speaks highly of you and your company, the motivation needs to be pure. Your credibility is at stake here, only do this if you mean it.
4. Develop a “Golden Ten” Team. Invite a team of 10 people who are enthusiastic about your goods and services, to be a part of an exclusive team. This team is your “Golden Ten” because your job is to go above and beyond for them. Send notes, cards, newsletters, surveys and special offers. Help them understand what you want to accomplish and ask for their assistance. Chances are if they are happy doing business with you, they will tell others about you. They can be associates, customers, or friends. Make it very easy for them to participate by always making their connection with you special.
5. Keep going. Don’t get discouraged. Marketing can be unpredictable. The trick is to keep moving. Taking consistent action will build momentum, and pretty soon the ball will be rolling in the right direction.
To have your marketing tips listed in the Network:Business Owners Newsletter please contact the Business Owners Editor.
Content copyright © 2014 by Jordan Mercedes. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Jordan Mercedes. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Jordan Mercedes for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.