Looking for a new dessert to serve at the next Easter celebration? How about a pretty and delicious Easter Basket Cheesecake? Almost everybody loves cheesecake, and this one is filled with miniature coated chocolate eggs. This festive cheesecake can serve double duty: not only as dessert, but also as the centerpiece.
One of the benefits of cheesecake is that it freezes well for up to a month or more. This cheesecake can be made ahead and frozen, decorated a couple of days ahead, and refrigerated until serving time. Decorations can be large foil-covered chocolate eggs, miniature colored eggs, marshmallow eggs, chicks, and rabbits, jelly beans, etc. – any Easter candy that strikes the fancy.
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
3 8 oz. packages cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 10 oz. package Cadbury Mini Eggs, or similar
1 cup flaked coconut
Green food coloring
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup sugar
Assorted Easter Candy for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 10" springform pan with non-stick spray; line with parchment, and spray again.
- In processor mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust for 9 minutes; remove the crust from oven.
- Meanwhile, blend the filling ingredients in food processor until smooth. Alternately, mix the ingredients in a mixer until smooth.
- Pour half batter over the crust; arrange the mini eggs over the batter, and pour the remaining batter over the eggs.
- Bake 45 minutes to one hour or until the center is set.
- Chill thoroughly before removing from pan.
- Place the coconut in a jar with a few drops of green food coloring.
- Shake vigorously until the coconut is tinted green.
- Spread the green coconut on paper towels to dry.
- Topping: stir the sour cream and sugar together until smooth.
- Assembly: spread the topping over the top of the cheesecake; sprinkle the coconut evenly over the topping.
- Place eggs, chicks, etc. to resemble nests in an Easter basket.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 451 Calories from Fat 265
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 59% Protein 7% Carb. 35%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 29 g
Saturated Fat 17 g
Cholesterol 117 mg
Sodium 238 mg
Total Carbohydrate 39 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 27 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 6%