Easter Basket Cheesecake Recipe
One of the benefits of cheesecake is that it freezes well for up to a month or more. This cheesecake can be made ahead and frozen, decorated a couple of days ahead, and refrigerated until serving time. Decorations can be large foil-covered chocolate eggs, miniature colored eggs, marshmallow eggs, chicks, and rabbits, jelly beans, etc. – any Easter candy that strikes the fancy.
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons melted butter
3 8 oz. packages cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 10 oz. package Cadbury Mini Eggs, or similar
1 cup flaked coconut
Green food coloring
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup sugar
Assorted Easter Candy for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 10" springform pan with non-stick spray; line with parchment, and spray again.
- In processor mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake the crust for 9 minutes; remove the crust from oven.
- Meanwhile, blend the filling ingredients in food processor until smooth. Alternately, mix the ingredients in a mixer until smooth.
- Pour half batter over the crust; arrange the mini eggs over the batter, and pour the remaining batter over the eggs.
- Bake 45 minutes to one hour or until the center is set.
- Chill thoroughly before removing from pan.
- Place the coconut in a jar with a few drops of green food coloring.
- Shake vigorously until the coconut is tinted green.
- Spread the green coconut on paper towels to dry.
- Topping: stir the sour cream and sugar together until smooth.
- Assembly: spread the topping over the top of the cheesecake; sprinkle the coconut evenly over the topping.
- Place eggs, chicks, etc. to resemble nests in an Easter basket.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 451 Calories from Fat 265
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 59% Protein 7% Carb. 35%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 29 g
Saturated Fat 17 g
Cholesterol 117 mg
Sodium 238 mg
Total Carbohydrate 39 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 27 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 6%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.