Recipe for Tiramisu Whoopie Pies
These whoopie pies keep several days if refrigerated, however, it’s doubtful there will be any leftovers.
18 Whoopie Pies
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 8 oz container mascarpone cheese
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/4 to 1/3 cup whipping cream
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup hottest tap water
2 teaspoons instant coffee
1/3 cup coffee liqueur, or coffee flavored coffee syrup
Unsweetened cocoa, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 3 11 x 17" baking sheets with parchment; draw 12 1 1/2" circles on the parchment 3 across and 4 down, at least 2" apart.
- Cake Circles: Cream the butter and brown sugar until fluffy; mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt; add the mixture alternately with the buttermilk; mix until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into a large decorating bag with a plain tip (about 1/2" wide or Ateco #9).
- Pipe circles of dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until the edges begin to turn brown.
- Remove from the oven, let sit 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks.
- Filling: Whip the mascarpone and powdered sugar until very light and fluffy (or if using cream cheese, whip it with the whipping cream and powdered sugar, adding additional whipping cream as needed).
- Glaze: Mix the hot tap water with the instant coffee; stir until dissolved.
- Mix the coffee with the coffee liqueur.
- Brush the flat side of each of the cake circles with the coffee mixture.
- Assembly: Spread a liberal amount of filling on half of the cake circles; top each with an additional cake to make a sandwich.
- Sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa; it’s easiest through a fine strainer or sifter.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 264 Calories from Fat 127
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 5% Carb. 46%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 63 mg
Sodium 223 mg
Total Carbohydrate 31 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.