Slow Cooker Rice Pudding Recipe
This pudding can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator until serving time. The recipe calls for raisins, but for a change, Craisins can be substituted.
1/2 cup Converted Rice, (such as Uncle Ben's)
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins, or dried cranberries
1 1/2 cups whipping cream, whipped
Freshly grated nutmeg
- Place the rice, sugar, vanilla and lemon extracts, evaporated milk, water, salt, butter, eggs, cinnamon, and raisins in the crock of a medium (3-4 quart) slow cooker.
- Whisk until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Turn the slow cooker to low and cook 3-4 hours or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring once every hour, if possible but not absolutely necessary.
- Transfer to a covered container and refrigerate until well-chilled.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form; fold into the rice mixture.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg and serve.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 357 Calories from Fat 204
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 57% Protein 7% Carb. 36%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 131 mg
Sodium 166 mg
Total Carbohydrate 32 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 6%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.