Love Peaches? Late summer and early fall is the perfect time in most areas to get the best local peaches to use in dozens of great recipes. Many small towns all over the country hold festivals to celebrate specialty harvests, and Peach Days in the tiny town of Brigham City, Utah is no exception. The local peaches are fabulous, and even though Georgia is famous for its delicious peaches, those grown in Utah are just as good or better. Easy Peaches and Cream Streusel Cake is the perfect way to showcase those sweet juicy local peaches, no matter where local is. If there is a festival or celebration near you, please let everyone know on the Desserts Forum every city, no matter how small should be recognized for its accomplishments, and growing good fruit is a real accomplishment.
Easy Peaches and Cream Streusel Cake is easy since it starts with a cake mix (nobody will guess, though, so dont worry) to form the crust. Cream cheese is mixed with fresh peaches to form a decadent and juicy filling. (Peaches can be peeled quickly and easily by placing them in boiling water for about 30 seconds and then plunging them in cold water; the skins will slip off.) The topping is simply oats, flour, brown sugar, and butter rubbed together to form a streusel. Almonds can be added for extra crunch.
Because of the streusel topping, this cake makes a good coffee cake for a brunch, but its delicious for dessert, too, and can be served warm or cold.
18 1/4 ounces yellow cake Mix
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/3 cup butter
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
4 to 6 cups fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and diced into 1" dice
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup slivered almonds, or sliced almonds, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cake: Mix the cake mix, eggs, almond extract, and butter until smooth. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Filling: Whip the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and almond extract until smooth. Fold in the peaches. Spread over the cake mixture.
- Streusel: Mix all ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over the filling.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the cake is browning too fast, cover with a loose piece of foil.
- Remove from the oven, cool on a rack, and cut into squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 352 Calories from Fat 151
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 43% Protein 5% Carb. 52%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 113 mg
Sodium 339 mg
Total Carbohydrate 46 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 21 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 0% Iron 4%