Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Snacking Cake Recipe
This is a great way to start off fall baking. It’s not particularly fancy, but it is particularly good.
1 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the pumpkin.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips and powdered sugar, mixing well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool thoroughly on a rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into 32 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 90
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 49% Protein 3% Carb. 48%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 22 mg
Sodium 125 mg
Total Carbohydrate 22 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 39% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.