Recipe for Scary Mangled Eyeballs
It’s really nice, of course, when some of the recipes are simplified, and these Mangled Eyeballs are very easy to make. They start with balls of dough made from a quick and easy Sugar Cookie Mix. A cherry chocolate is pressed into the middle, and after baking, red gel frosting is added to make the eyeball look mangled and bloody. These are great to make with older kids (they might scare the younger ones), and they taste extremely good. Make them up to a week ahead of the BOO-ffet and store in an airtight container.
18 Giant Eyeballs
3 3/4 cups Basic Sugar Cookie Mix
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
18 cherry chocolates
Red gel frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment, or spray with non-stick spray.
- Mix the sugar cookie mix, flour, eggs, and vanilla.
- Scoop 1/4 cup size balls from the dough, roll them to smooth, and place them 2" apart on the baking sheets.
- Press a cherry chocolate in the middle of each.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies start to brown.
- Remove from the oven and with a spoon, press down into the cherry chocolate so that it looks a little mangled.
- Transfer to cooling racks.
- When cool, add some gel frosting to make the eyeballs look gruesome and bloody.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 113
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 38% Protein 4% Carb. 58%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 44 mg
Sodium 179 mg
Total Carbohydrate 43 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 26 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.