If you’re looking for a good bar cookie recipe that doesn’t take much time, Cranberry Orange Oatmeal Squares are just the thing. Not only do they showcase the most popular flavors of the season – cranberries and oranges – they can be served two ways: either cut into small squares and included in the Christmas cookie collection or cut into larger squares while warm, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and served as a decadent dessert after a holiday dinner.
These squares can be put together in about 10 minutes if Basic Oatmeal Cookie Mix is on the shelf and Cranberry Orange Filling is in the freezer. Otherwise, it will take a little longer, but both components can be used for dozens of great desserts during the holiday season. Both are quick and easy to put together.
Even kids like these squares; they don’t know that they are eating cranberries. In fact, my husband (a kid at heart) said these were his favorite of several varieties of cookies he was tasting – he referred to them as the “raspberry ones.”
48 small squares
Crust and Topping:
7 cups Basic Oatmeal Cookie Mix
1/4 cup water
2 1/2 cups Cranberry Orange Filling
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Stir together the cookie mix, water, and egg.
- Firmly pack half of the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Spread with the cranberry orange filling.
- Sprinkle remaining mixture over and pack lightly with fingers; it doesn’t have to cover every part of the filling – it will fill in as it bakes.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- Cool in pan and cut into squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 117 Calories from Fat 48
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 41% Protein 4% Carb. 54%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 4 mg
Sodium 57 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 0%