Pumpkin Walnut Praline Torte Recipe
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
2 cups powdered sugar
2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a jelly-roll pan (approx 11 x 17") with parchment paper; spray the parchment with non-stick spray.
- Beat the eggs on high speed for 5 minutes until they are very light.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, and salt into a fine strainer that has been set over the pumpkin mixture.
- Shake the strainer over the mixture to sift the ingredients together.
- Gently fold into the pumpkin mixture.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cake pulls away from the edges and it is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, make the topping: mix the butter, sugar, and whipping cream in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the vanilla and walnuts.
- Spread evenly over the surface of the cake as soon as it comes from the oven.
- Place under the broiler for a few minutes until it turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven to a cooling rack and let cool thoroughly.
- Cut the cooled cake into four equal pieces.
- Place one of the layers onto a serving platter.
- Cover with 1/3 of the filling.
- Add another layer and cover with 1/3 of the filling.
- Repeat with the third layer and top with the fourth.
- Drizzle the reserved thinned filling over the top of the torte.
- Refrigerate for several hours or up to two days before slicing.
- Filling: Whip the powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of the filling; stir in enough milk to make a glaze consistency.
Gradually beat in the sugar and continue beating until the mixture is very thick and the sugar is dissolved.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 515 Calories from Fat 306
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 59% Protein 5% Carb. 35%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 34 g
Saturated Fat 16 g
Cholesterol 112 mg
Sodium 299 mg
Total Carbohydrate 46 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 21 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 65% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 7%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.