Poinsettia Coffee Cake Recipe
2 Coffee Cakes or about 24 Servings
1 cup water
1/3 cup dry milk
5 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon yeast
1/4 cup melted butter
2 1/2 cups Cranberry Orange Filling (1/2 batch)
1 beaten egg
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter
2 to 4 tablespoons milk
yellow sanding sugar
- Dough:Place the ingredients in the order given into the pan of the automatic bread machine.
- Set the machine to the dough setting.
- Check the dough after about 10 minutes to make sure there is enough liquid or flour to make a soft dough; you may have to scrape the sides down.
- When the dough is finished, transfer the dough to a lightly floured pastry cloth.
- Cut the dough in half.
- Roll one half of the dough to a rectangle approximately 12 x 18 inches.
- Brush with butter; spread with half of the cranberry orange filling.
- Starting with the wide end, roll up tightly; press the seam together tightly.
- Cut the dough into 24 pieces.
- Place one piece in the center of a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Arrange half of the remaining pieces around the piece in the center.
- Arrange the remaining pieces in a second layer in between the bottom pieces to resemble the petals of a poinsettia.
- Pinch the ends to make the petals slightly pointed.
- Brush liberally with the beaten egg.
- Repeat with the other half of dough.
- Cover loosely with a towel; let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Heat the oven to 350°.
- When hot, place the coffee cakes in the oven and bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Glaze: Mix the powdered sugar, butter, and enough milk to make a glaze consistency.
- Drizzle over the coffee cakes.
- Sprinkle yellow sugar in the center of each.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 202 Calories from Fat 56
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 28% Protein 7% Carb. 66%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 41 mg
Sodium 169 mg
Total Carbohydrate 33 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 12 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.