This moist Cranberry Orange Pudding is “baked” in the slow cooker. Although it cooks quite fast (usually under two hours depending on the individual slow cooker), it requires no hands-on watching. One of the best things about slow cookers is that food comes out very moist; this pudding is no exception. The luscious sauce, which adds even more moistness, is made in the microwave. Since almost everyone is very busy during the holiday season, this pudding makes a perfect dessert. It’s easy enough to make on a weeknight, but good enough to serve company.
1 medium orange
2 cups fresh cranberries
1/3 cup butter
1 18.25 ounce box yellow cake Mix
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2 cup whipping cream
- Spray the crock of a 4-6 quart oval slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Turn to the high setting.
- Cut the orange into 8 pieces, place it in the food processor with the cranberries, and pulse until the orange and cranberries are finely ground.
- Add the eggs, butter, and cake mix.
- Process until smooth, scraping the edges once or twice.
- Pour the batter into the heated slow cooker.
- Let the pudding cook 2 hours or until the center is set.
- Sauce: Mix all ingredients in a microwaveable container.
- Microwave 2 minutes; stir, then microwave until boiling.
- Stir in the whipping cream; microwave 1 minute.
- Stir and serve hot on the pudding.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 150
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44% Protein 2% Carb. 54%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 89 mg
Sodium 320 mg
Total Carbohydrate 46 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 30 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 20% Calcium 0% Iron 1%