The month of January symbolizes a new start for many. It is the month of New Year’s Resolutions and new beginnings – even planning a new way of life for some. For the Christian, a new life began with their belief in Jesus Christ. January’s devotion centers on Jesus Christ as Savior.
[ Savior: a person who saves, rescues or delivers ](Please be aware that the following bulleted comments are not bible verses. Each is the promise and encouragement that I receive from studying the indicated passage.)
Jesus my Rescuer
- Jesus rescued me NOT because of all the good I’ve done or how pure and holy I am, but because He is compassionate and generous. He saw how guilty I was and how useless and pitiful my life was so He took my guilt upon Himself. He gave me new birth in His Holy Spirit so that I can approach God with a pure heart. Titus 3:5-6
- I know that I live in God and He lives in me. He gave me real life through His own Spirit. God the Father sent His Son into my world. I know that by confessing (declaring) that Jesus is God’s Son who paid the price for my guilt, I am lovingly embraced in an intimate relationship with God. 1 John 4:13-16
- Jesus, the King of kings, Lord of lords, came to earth to find me while I was seemingly unsalvageable – of no use to Him and without any hope of true life. He came to rescue me. Luke 19:10
- I was a mess, living by my own low standards, by my own desires and inclinations. My life was far from godly. But, God is merciful. Even though I deserved to be pushed far away from Him, He gave me life through Jesus’ resurrection. It is only by God’s goodness and at Christ’s expense that I am rescued. Ephesians 2:3-5
- Because I am “in Christ” (I have received Him as my Savior/ Rescuer) I am a completely new person. My old useless life is gone and I begin my new joy-filled life now! 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Anyone who believes that Jesus is God’s Son and trusts that He took away guilt through His death on the cross and His resurrection, will live forever in God’s kingdom. John 6:47
- God loved the world (and me) so much that He sent His one and only Son Jesus. He did that so that anyone who believes in Him will be rescued. God didn’t send Jesus to tell us how bad we are or to condemn, but to rescue us. John 3:16-17
A Walk With the Women of the Bible
EBook by Lynne Chapman
Join me in getting to know some amazing
women of the Bible
while we extract valuable insights and
lessons from their lives.
Now available for Kindle under new title
A Walk With EVE
Also availble in paperback from Cafe Press.
Names of God Ebook
Almighty God. The Creator of heaven and earth.
Our God is given names in Scripture that
describe the characteristics of His personality.
Experience God through the names given Him in Scripture.