January Devotion - Jesus My Rescuer
The month of January symbolizes a new start for many. It is the month of New Year’s Resolutions and new beginnings – even planning a new way of life. For the Christian, a new life began with belief in Jesus Christ. January’s devotion centers on Jesus Christ as Savior.
Jesus my Rescuer
[ Savior: a person who saves, rescues or delivers ](Please be aware that the following bulleted comments are not bible verses. Each is the promise and encouragement that I receive from studying the indicated passage.)
Jesus my Rescuer
- Jesus rescued me NOT because of all the good I've done or how pure and holy I am, but because He is compassionate and generous. He saw how guilty I was and how useless and pitiful my life was so He took my guilt upon Himself. He gave me new birth in His Holy Spirit so that I can approach God with a pure heart. Titus 3:5-6
- I know that I live in God and He lives in me. He gave me real life through His own Spirit. God the Father sent His Son into my world. I know that by confessing (declaring) that Jesus is God’s Son who paid the price for my guilt, I am lovingly embraced in an intimate relationship with God. 1 John 4:13-16
- Jesus, the King of kings, Lord of lords, came to earth to find me while I was seemingly unsalvageable – of no use to Him and without any hope of true life. He came to rescue me. Luke 19:10
- I was a mess, living by my own low standards, by my own desires and inclinations. My life was far from godly. But, God is merciful. Even though I deserved to be pushed far away from Him, He gave me life through Jesus’ resurrection. It is only by God’s goodness and at Christ’s expense that I am rescued. Ephesians 2:3-5
- Because I am “in Christ” (I have received Him as my Savior/ Rescuer) I am a completely new person. My old useless life is gone and I begin my new joy-filled life now! 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Anyone who believes that Jesus is God’s Son and trusts that He took away guilt through His death on the cross and His resurrection, will live forever in God’s kingdom. John 6:47
- God loved the world (and me) so much that He sent His one and only Son Jesus. He did that so that anyone who believes in Him will be rescued. God didn’t send Jesus to tell us how bad we are or to condemn, but to rescue us. John 3:16-17
| || |
You Should Also Read:
A Christmas Devotion
My Utmost For His Highest book review
Wake Up and Smell the Pizza book review
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Lynne Chapman for details.