Shamrock Cake & Cream Parfaits Recipe
Shamrock Cake and Cream Parfaits can be made with different flavors of gelatin to suit other holidays, in which case they won’t be called “Shamrock;” they’ll need a name like Valentine or Halloween. They can also be made anytime using favorite flavors of gelatin for a quick and easy dessert.
1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple
1 3 oz. package lime gelatin
3/4 cup sugar
5 ice cubes
green paste food coloring
2 cups heavy cream, whipped
1 14-16 ounce angel food cake, cut into 1 inch chunks
- Pour the crushed pineapple into a strainer over a large microwaveable container.
- Press on the pineapple to remove as much liquid as possible; set the pineapple aside.
- Microwave the pineapple juice 3-5 minutes or until boiling; add the gelatin and sugar, stirring until completely dissolved.
- Stir in enough paste food coloring to make the mixture a bright green.
- Add the ice cubes, stir till melted, then put the mixture in the freezer while preparing the remaining ingredients (of if you have lots of time, refrigerate).
- Mix the cooled gelatin mixture and the reserved pineapple into the whipped cream; stir in the cake cubes.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 parfait or other fancy glasses.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes to one hour.
- Decorate with green sprinkles or shamrock cake decorations if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 334 Calories from Fat 133
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 40% Protein 5% Carb. 55%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 54 mg
Sodium 132 mg
Total Carbohydrate 46 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 6% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
You Should Also Read:
St. Patrick's Day Desserts
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.