GeneaWebinars is a great place to find many educational genealogical Webinars. Genealogy Webinars are a wonderful way to educate our selves in many areas of family history. Webinars became very popular, so many genealogical societies, speakers and companies decided to do them. I was one of those who enjoyed watching the webinars, but so many began to be announced thru the different websites, it was becoming very hard to keep up with them all. DearMYRTLE noticed this dilemma , and set up the GeneaWebinar blog. It is a central location that all webinar creators can link or post to, so we, as viewers can visit one place to see what webinars are available to register for or view in archive.
One of the questions she answers, “WHO WILL USE THIS CALENDAR AND BLOG?”:
- Researchers who want to attend genealogy webinars.
- Societies & companies hosting genealogy webinars.
- Individual presenters advertising their upcoming genealogy webinars.
There are speakers who do these webinars that are available to “virtually” speak to your society. A few of these speakers are:
- Elise Friedman, Relative Roots
- Geoff Rasmussen
- George G. Morgan, Aha! Seminars
- Lisa Alzo
- Lisa Louise Cooke, Genealogy Gems
- Michael John Neill, Casefile Clues
- Michael Hait, CG
- Thomas MacEntee, High-Definition Genealogy & GeneaBloggers
- many more…
Here are some of the great upcoming webinars you can register for!
- Wednesday, May 2 - 1940 Census INDEXing Update with DearMYRTLE
- Tuesday, May 8 - Some Great, Seldom-Used, Resources: A Genealogical Potpourri
- Wednesday, May 16 - Building a Research Toolbox with Thomas MacEntee
- Thursday, May 24 - Fighting for the King! Researching Your American Revolutionary War Loyalist Ancestor
- Wednesday, June 6 - Researching Your German Ancestors by Kory Meyerink
- Saturday, June 9 - Genealogy Idol Competition
- Tuesday, June 12 - The War of 1812 – America’s “Forgotten” War
- Wednesday, June 13 - Putting Flesh on the Bones by Ron Arons
- Wednesday, June 20 - Marriages and Anniversaries. Mining newspapers for engagements, marriages, anniversaries, and divorce records by Tom Kemp
- Check out the GeneaWebinar website for more great webinars scheduled thru December 2012; check often as new ones will be added!
Note: How it Works explains how to view the webinars and what is required for participation and viewing.