Old Fashioned Peanut Cake Recipe
Incidentally, these cake squares freeze well, and since the recipe makes 48, it’s a good idea to freeze at least half; just like peanuts, it’s easy to keep eating until the entire batch is gone.
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups sugar
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup butter
4 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups crushed dry roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 11 x 17" jellyroll pan with parchment, or spray with non-stick spray.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and sugar; add the eggs and boiling water.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour the mixture onto the jellyroll pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Remove from the oven, pour the glaze over, and cool thoroughly.
- Glaze: Mix the glaze ingredients in a microwaveable container; microwave 1-2 minutes or until boiling.
- Stir until the sugar and peanut butter are dissolved; pour over the hot cake.
- Frosting: Whip the butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth; stir in the peanuts.
- When the cake has cooled, spread with the frosting and cut into 48 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 176 Calories from Fat 57
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 32% Protein 7% Carb. 61%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 24 mg
Sodium 95 mg
Total Carbohydrate 27 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 10 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.