Roasted Rhubarb Recipe
Roasted Rhubarb is a good dessert as is for those watching their weight, since there is no fat and only 46 calories per serving. For a few more calories, pair it with little fat-free frozen yogurt. For those who aren't watching their weight, use it as a topping for ice cream or cake squares. The cooked rhubarb can also be refrigerated for several days.
1 1/4 pounds rhubarb
1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Wash the rhubarb thoroughly, shake any excess moisture off, and cut into 1" slices.
- Transfer the rhubarb slices to a shallow glass baking dish; mix with the brown sugar.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir well, and return, uncovered, to the oven.
- Bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until the rhubarb is tender but not mushy.
- Cool before packaging in 1 cup portions in zip-type bags and freeze for up to several months.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 46 Calories from Fat 1
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 2% Protein 3% Carb. 95%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4 mg
Total Carbohydrate 11 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 6% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.