Red, White, & Blueberry Blondies Recipe
These moist and delicious bars, which are actually blonde brownies with a layer of jam topped with berry studded cheesecake, can be made a day or so ahead; covered tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerated, they will keep well for several days.
1 1/2 cups butter
2 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup raspberry jam
2 8 oz. packages softened cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
1 1/4 cups fresh raspberries, or sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray an 11” x 17" jellyroll pan with non-stick spray or line with parchment.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy; stir in the buttermilk.
- Measure the flour, salt, and baking powder into a fine strainer over the butter mixture.
- Shake the strainer over until the flour mixture is sifted through; mix well.
- Spread 1/2 of the mixture over the surface of the prepared pan; spread with jam.
- Spread the remaining dough over the jam.
- Topping: Whip the cream cheese with the sugar, eggs, and lime juice until very light and fluffy.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries and raspberries.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the dough.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the cheesecake topping is set.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting into 48 bars.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 146 Calories from Fat 58
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 39% Protein 5% Carb. 56%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 38 mg
Sodium 121 mg
Total Carbohydrate 20 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.