Frosty Margarita Pie Recipe
Frosty Margarita Pie is a perfect dessert to serve at a backyard barbecue or get-together. It’s cool, creamy, and delicious.
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
2 tablespoons boiling water
6 ounces frozen limeade concentrate, (3/4 cup or 1/2 of a 12 ounce can)
6 tablespoons tequila
2 tablespoons Triple Sec liqueur
2 eggs, or pasteurized egg substitute
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 dash salt
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
3 to 4 drops green food coloring, (optional)
3 cups pretzels, crushed to fine crumbs
3 tablespoons melted butter
- Place the gelatin in a small bowl; pour the boiling water over and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- Measure 1/4 cup of the limeade concentrate into a small saucepan; add the tequila and triple sec.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the remaining 1/2 cup limeade concentrate and the reserved gelatin mixture.
- Place in the freezer (for faster cooling) or refrigerator (for slower cooling) to cool while preparing the crust and the ice cream base.
- Crust: Preheat oven to 350°.
- Measure 1/4 cup of the crumbs for the topping; set aside.
- Mix the remaining crumbs with the melted butter and press into a 9” glass pie dish; bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool thoroughly.
- Place the eggs, milk, sugar, salt, and cream in the blender; blend until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the limeade mixture and food coloring, if using, and blend for a few seconds. Alternately, whisk the ingredients together until well-mixed. Make sure the mixture is well-chilled.
- Pour the mixture into the frozen bowl of an automatic ice cream machine and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- When the mixture is soft-frozen, spread evenly into the prepared crust; sprinkle with pretzel crumbs.
- Cover tightly and freeze for several hours.
- Cut into small wedges to serve.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 444 Calories from Fat 215
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 6% Carb. 39%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 24 g
Saturated Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 129 mg
Sodium 504 mg
Total Carbohydrate 43 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 7% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.