Cherry Watermelon Freeze Recipe
The following recipe is more fruit than yogurt; for a creamier version – more like sherbet - just double the amount of yogurt. Both versions are refreshing, yummy, and perfect to celebrate summer.
1 3 oz. package cherry gelatin
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup boiling water
4 cups watermelon, cubed (preferably frozen, although well-chilled works but takes a little longer to freeze)
1 cup Greek-style yogurt
- Mix the gelatin and sugar.
- Pour the boiling water over the gelatin mixture, and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Puree the watermelon chunks (easiest in the food processor) and add to the gelatin mixture; stir in the yogurt (it will look lumpy, but that will change as the mixture freezes).
- Pour the mixture into a 1 1/2 quart automatic ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 92 Calories from Fat 8
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 9% Protein 7% Carb. 84%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 1 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 33 mg
Total Carbohydrate 19 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 9% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.