I recently purchased an Acer Aspire TimelineU to replace my stolen laptop. It took a lot of research and comparing to before selecting and purchasing the machine. I have been using the laptop for a couple of week and I love this laptop it is one of the best laptops that I have owned!
It is light, thin, and fast along with having a sleek look and cool touch. Instead of getting into the specifications of the machine (link at bottom of article to Acer website) I am providing my review of the laptop. In my opinion it is a great machine for the price and I would highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a good laptop at a decent price.
- Light (4.3 lbs)
- Thin (.8)
- Backlit keyboard great for working at night
- Cool top of the laptop keyboard does not get hot at all. All the other laptops I have owned tend to get rather warm on either side of the trackpad.
- Fast boot does not boot as fast as advertised but so much faster than my last two laptops. Instead of having to walk away during the boot process the machine starts right away and this includes logging into Windows.
- USB 3.0 ports I never realized how fast the USB 3.0 ports can be until I got this machine and had to copy data. Wow! What a difference. I know part of it is the laptop is faster overall but copying files off of a USB drive is must faster.
- HDMI port I connect my laptop to my TV to watch streaming video so having an HDMI port is important.
- Speakers Wow! Best sound system of any laptop that I have ever used. With past laptops I have the volume all the way up and the sound was still low. The highest I have gotten on this laptop is mid-level on the volume and it is loud! More importantly though is it sounds really good. Not the tinny sound I have heard on other laptops.
- USB ports are close together the ports dont have a lot of space between them which makes it difficult to plug in two USB devices that are wide.
- Limited ports it would be nice to have a VGA port that would allow me to connect to older monitors but it was not a deal breaker when selecting the laptop.
- Trackpad is OK I do have to say that I never really warmed up to using a trackpad. I typically use a mouse but I have tried using the trackpad on the laptop. It is responsive and feels good but there are no buttons which takes some adjustment.
Full Specifications - Acer Aspire TimelineUltra Specifications