Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Quotations for Valentine's Day
Guest Author - Danielle HollisterThis site needs an editor - click to learn more!
- "No matter what you've done for yourself or for humanity, if you can't look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished?"
-- Lee Iacocca
- "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return."
-- Mary Jean Iron
- "No time of life is so beautiful as the early days of love, when with every meeting, every glance, one fetches something new home to rejoice over."
-- Soren Kierkegaard
- "The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed."
-- J. Krishnamurti
- "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage."
- "Love is infallible; it has no errors, for all errors are the want of love."
-- William Law
- "Love at first sight is easy to understand. It's when two people have been looking at each other for years that it becomes a miracle."
-- Sam Levenson
- "The event of falling in love... in one high bound it has overleaped the massive wall of our selfhood; it has made appetite itself altruistic, tossed personal happiness aside as a triviality and planted the interests of another in the centre of our being."
-- C.S. Lewis
- "To a person in love, the value of the individual is intuitively known. Love needs no logic for its mission."
-- Charles A. Lindbergh
- "The bravest are the tenderest. The loving are the daring."
-- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "Do all things with love."
-- Og Mandino
- "This was love at first sight, love everlasting: a feeling unknown, unhoped for, unexpected--in so far as it could be a matter of conscious awareness; it took entire possession of him, and he understood, with joyous amazement, that this was for life."
-- Thomas Mann
- "One man all by himself is nothing. Two people who belong together make a world."
-- Hans Margolius
- "No love, no friendship can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever."
-- Francois Mauriac
- "To live without loving is not really to live."
- "Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter… It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it."
-- Keiichi Morisata
- "If we all discovered that we had only five minutes left to say all that we wanted to say, every telephone booth would be occupied by people calling other people to tell them that they loved them."
-- Christopher Morley
- "Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls."
-- Mother Teresa
- "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius."
- "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-- Friedrich Nietzshe
- "The only abnormality is the incapacity to love."
-- Anais Nin
- "You carry away with you a reflection of me, a part of me. I dreamed you; I wished for your existence. You will always be a part of my life. If I love you, it must be because we shared, at some moment, the same imaginings, the same madness, the same stage."
-- Anais Nin
- "Love rules without rules."
-- Italian Proverb
- "Love makes the time pass. Time makes love pass."
-- French Proverb
- "Love teaches even asses to dance."
-- French Proverb
- "Tell me who you love, and I'll tell you who you are."
-- Creole Proverb
|Red Roses on Red|
- "Love, free as air at sight of human ties, Spreads his light wings, and in a moment flies."
-- Alexander Pope
- "Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young."
-- A. W. Pinero
- "At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet."
- "He whom love touches not walks in darkness."
- "We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists ... in the loved one, perfection."
-- Sidney Poitier
- "The entire sum of existence is the magic of being needed by just one person."
-- Vi Putnam
- "The hearts that love will know never winter's frost and chill. Summer's warmth is in them still."
-- Eben Eugene Rexford
- "There is no disguise which can hide love for long where it exists, or simulate it where it does not."
-- La Rochefoucauld
- "To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead."
-- Bertrand Russell
- "I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it."
-- Kyle Schmidt
- "Love means never having to say you're sorry."
-- Erich Segal
- "Love is a force that connects us to every strand of the universe, an unconditional state that characterizes human nature, a form of knowledge that is always there for us if only we can open ourselves to it."
-- Emily H. Sell
- "Love sought is good, but given unsought is better."
-- William Shakespeare
- "Nothing in the world is single; All things by law divine In one spirit mix and mingle. Why not I with thine?"
-- Percy Shelley
- "The main source of good discipline is growing up in a loving family, being loved and learning to love in return."
-- Dr. Benjamin Spock
- "We cease loving ourselves if no one loves us."
-- Madame De Stael
- "A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love."
- "To fall in love is easy, even to remain in it is not difficult; our human loneliness is cause enough. But it is a hard quest worth making to find a comrade through whose steady presence one becomes steadily the person one desires to be."
-- Anna Louise Strong
- "When the satisfaction or the security of another person becomes as significant to one as one's own satisfaction or security, then the state of love exists."
-- Henry Stack Sullivan
- "He who wants to do good knocks at the gate: he who loves finds the door open."
-- Rabrindranath Tagore
- "Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all."
-- Lord Tennyson
- "Between whom there is hearty truth, there is love."
-- Henry David Thoreau
- "There is no remedy for love but to love more."
-- Henry David Thoreau
- "The first duty of love is to listen."
-- Paul Tillich
- "If so many men, so many minds, certainly so many hearts, so many kinds of love."
-- Leo Tolstoy
- "The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death."
- "Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit."
-- Peter Ustinov
- "Love is eternal -- the aspect may change, but not the essence There is the same difference in a person before and after he is in love as there is in an unlighted lamp and one that is burning. The lamp was there and was a good lamp, but now it is shedding light too, and that is its real function. And love makes one calmer about many things, and that way, one is more fit for one's work."
-- Vincent Van Gogh
- "Love has features which pierce all hearts, he wears a bandage which conceals the faults of those beloved. He has wings, he comes quickly and flies away the same."
Content copyright © 2018 by Danielle Hollister. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Danielle Hollister. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact