Slow Cooker Ginger Pumpkin Pudding Recipe
No one will guess how easy this pudding is to make. A package of gingersnap cookies is placed in the crock of the slow cooker and pumpkin pie filling (whizzed up in a food processor or blender is quickest, but whisked together is fine) poured over. Turn on the slow cooker and Voila!, after about 3 hours a delicious pudding is ready to serve. This is a great dessert to serve throughout the entire holiday season.
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 12 oz. package gingersnap cookies
- Mix the eggs, brown sugar, milk, evaporated milk, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, until smooth.
- Spray the inside of a 3-4 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Layer the cookies evenly in the crock; they should fill the crock about 2/3 full.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over; press the cookies down to soak up the liquid.
- Cover and cook on high for one hour; turn down to low and cook 2-3 hours or until the custard is set.
- Remove the lid during the last 15-20 minutes to evaporate any excess moisture.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream, Classic Crème Anglaise , or Bird’s Custard.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 174 Calories from Fat 54
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 31% Protein 14% Carb. 55%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 100 mg
Sodium 159 mg
Total Carbohydrate 24 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 161% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0% Iron 20%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.