Holiday Fruit Crumble Recipe
Over the holidays, many get tired of the numerous same-old, same-old cookies, cakes, and pies which are served at most of the fancy dinners and parties; Holiday Fruit Crumble is always a welcome change, and is ooh soo good. This triple fruit crumble showcases the fall and winter fruits to advantage and will become a favorite.
4 medium pears, pared, cored, and thinly sliced
2 medium apples, pared, cored, and sliced
2 cups fresh cranberries, or frozen
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 to 3 teaspoons orange zest, (from 1 large orange)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
6 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Filling: Mix the fruit; you should have 7 1/2 - 8 cups.
- Mix the sugar, flour, and orange zest; toss with the fruit.
- Transfer the fruit mixture to 9 x 13" shallow casserole dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 10 minutes (this step can be left out, but insures that the apples are cooked through)
- Topping: Mix the oats, brown sugar, flour, and butter until crumbly; spread evenly over the fruit.
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until the fruit is bubbly and the topping is golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with highest quality ice cream or whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 304 Calories from Fat 62
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 20% Protein 4% Carb. 76%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 16 mg
Sodium 62 mg
Total Carbohydrate 58 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 22 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 12% Calcium 0% Iron 6%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.