Big Game Day Dessert Recipe
Easy Country Pudding is an old-fashioned dessert- a real man-pleaser. And while it’s not particularly fancy, believe me, it’s really good!
2 cups boiling water
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the syrup ingredients well, stirring until the butter is melted and the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into a shallow 2-quart casserole dish.
- Cream the granulated sugar and butter until fluffy; stir in the milk, salt, and vanilla.
- Add the flour and baking powder; stir until well-combined.
- Fold in the raisins and nuts.
- Drop the batter evenly by tablespoonfuls onto the syrup.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until the syrup is bubbly and the pudding is baked through.
- To serve, scoop pudding into bowls and top with the syrup and either sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 337 Calories from Fat 126
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 37% Protein 4% Carb. 58%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 25 mg
Sodium 219 mg
Total Carbohydrate 49 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0% Iron 6%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.