Dessert Recipe for Pancake Day
Feel free to add to or change the filling for your pancakes; fresh strawberries are divine, as well as blueberries, blackberries, or other fruit. They can be drizzled in caramel and topped with sautéed apples, or spread with hazelnut spread. Fill them with vanilla ice cream and drizzle warm chocolate sauce over the top – the possibilities are endless!
4 Servings – 3 pancakes each
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup melted butter
Butter, for frying
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup sugar
- Place the eggs, milk, flour, salt, and melted butter in a food processor or blender; blend until smooth. Alternately, whisk together until smooth.
- Heat a flat-bottomed crepe or frying pan to medium high.
- Add a small amount of butter and swirl to coat the bottom of the heated pan.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of the batter into the pan, lift off the heat, and immediately swirl to spread the batter into a large, thin, round pancake.
- Let cook until the top appears dry; turn the pancake, let cook about 30 more seconds, transfer to a plate; repeat with the remaining batter.
- To serve, spread each pancake with butter, sprinkle with sugar, and squeeze lemon over; fold into quarters or roll up.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 268
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 60% Protein 9% Carb. 31%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 30 g
Saturated Fat 17 g
Cholesterol 281 mg
Sodium 611 mg
Total Carbohydrate 34 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 11 g
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 14% Calcium 0% Iron 6%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.